The Victorian (Public) Library
Show your support by signing this petition
Pick up a postcard from one of our libraries fill it out and post it to your local member.
The Victorian Library concept has been developed during the last 2 years by the Ministerial Advisory Council on Public Libraries, a bipartisan committee with local government and public library professionals.
There are 6 core components of The Victorian Library. These are:
1. State-wide single library card
2. State-wide movement of collection and interlibrary loans
3. State-wide Radio Frequency Identification tagging of collections
4. State-wide library management system
5. State-wide platform for digital material
6. State-wide Languages other than English collection.
We seek your support to fund the Victorian Library which will make it easier for the community to use the public library, its collections and programs.
Why is this important?
The Victorian Library will deliver significant service level benefits for library users. It will future proof Victorian public libraries and bring them all to an equally high level of services provision, whether they are country or metropolitan libraries, while easing some of the pressure on local government. It will also result in operational savings for libraries across the State. .